Chicken Pinto Tortilla Soup
- Servings: 4 - 2 cup servings
- 3 C veggie broth
- 1 C chicken broth
- 6 oz chicken, cooked, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 can pinto bean, drained
- 1 can homini, drained
- 1 C your favorite chunky salsa
- 1 tsp dried epazote (or cilantro or oregano)
- 1 or 2 tsp cumin
- Smokey Chipotle Tabasco, a few good shakes
- 4 corn tortillas
- cooking spray
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a soup pot.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Cut tortillas into 1/2 in strips, spread out on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with kosher salt. Toss and rearrange back to a single layer.
- Bake until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle tortilla strips over bowls of soup.
- Garnish with cilantro, cubes of avocado, or reduced fat shredded cheese.
- Nutritional Info per 2 Cup Serving
- Calories: 324.7
- Fat: 3.5
- Carbs: 53.3
- Protein: 17.9