- 6 (3-ounce) chicken cutlets, pounded to evenly flatten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 paper-thin slices prosciutto
- 1 (10-ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 (14-ounce) can low-salt chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Place the chicken cutlets flat on the work surface. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Lay 1 slice of prosciutto atop each chicken cutlet.
- Squeeze the frozen spinach to remove the excess water. Season the spinach with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, toss the spinach with 1 tablespoon of oil to coat.
- Arrange an even, thin layer of spinach atop the prosciutto slices. Sprinkle the Parmesan evenly over each. Beginning at the short tapered end, roll up each chicken cutlet as for a jellyroll. Secure with a toothpick.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy large skillet over high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook just until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add the chicken broth and lemon juice, and scrape the browned bits off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Cover and simmer until the chicken is just cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter. Simmer the cooking liquid over high heat until it is reduced to about 2/3 cup, about 5 minutes.
- Season the cooking liquid with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove toothpicks from the chicken.
- Drizzle the reduced cooking liquid over the chicken and serve immediately.