Chicken and Peanuts with Noodles
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce - divided use
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups snow peas, cut in half lengthwise
- 6 green onions, sliced thin
- 1/2 pound spaghetti noodles, cooked
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, shelled
- In small bowl, mix together sugar, cornstarch, ginger, 1/4 cup soy sauce, hot pepper sauce, garlic, peanut butter, rice wine vinegar and water. Whisk until well blended. Pour mixture into a large, plastic zipper bag; add chicken tenders. Close and turn bag to coat the chicken. Refrigerate for at least one hour. Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade.
- 2. In large skillet or wok, heat canola oil. Add chicken and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Add reserved marinade and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute.
- 3. Add snow peas, cook for additional minute. Add green onions, reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- 4. In large bowl, combine hot spaghetti noodles, remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir to blend. Add chicken mixture and peanuts; mix well. Divide among plates; sprinkle with reserved green onions.
- Makes 4 servings.