Chicken in Lemon Caper Sauce
- 4 (1/4-pound) thin-sliced chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter or I can’t believe it’s not butter!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- First of all, sieve together flour and salt in pie plate. Now put chicken pieces into this seasoned flour, and shake off excess.
- Now, heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet pan over medium to high heat. Add chicken (in batches) and cook until browned or tender and cooked thoroughly, for about 3 minutes each side; then transfer it to a plate.
- Add chicken broth, lemon juice, and capers to skillet; bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly reduced, for about 2 minutes. Return chicken to skillet and cook, turning to coat, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Transfer chicken to platter. Remove skillet from heat; add butter and parsley. Pour over chicken.
Weight watchers and people who are into dieting always into a dilemma what to eat and what not to eat! Pleasing your taste buds is also important, if you are a foodie like me and enjoy chicken recipes but you have took a step back just thinking over the increasing waist line. Ahhh… it’s torturous!! Looking for a solution? Today lets cook something healthy, absolutely a 5 pointer for the weight watchers and importantly delicious! Today lets cook – “Chicken in Lemon Caper Sauce” As we all know chicken is rich in protein and I have already explained the benefits of chicken in my previous blogs. So, let’s talk about “Lemon” – This fruit is highly rich in Vitamin C which is good for our immunity system. It clean the bowels, treat for scurvy, it’s a great detox and good for the waistline. This super quick meal can be made easily for dinner. Serve it different sides dishes like rice sides, pasta sides or a healthier version is quinoa.