Chicken in a Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Oil for sautéing
- 1 package cremini mushrooms
- 1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup water
- salt, pepper, garlic powder
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Season both sides of chicken according to taste with Salt, pepper, garlic powder (or any other seasonings that you like).
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon butter and oil in a skillet and brown both sides of the chicken and remove from heat.
- 3. Add remaining butter, garlic and mushrooms to the pan. Let mushrooms brown.
- 4. Add water and scrape up any bits that may have stuck to the pan. Add cream of chicken soup. Stir to combine with water and mushrooms. Put chicken and accumulated juices back into the pan, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- I served this with Trader Joe's basmati Rice. I use chicken broth instead of water to add flavor when I prepare it