Chilled Cucumber-Chickpea Soup
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 1 recipe Coriander Paprika Spice Rub
- 1/2 lb. peeled and deveined cooked cocktail shrimp, chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) rinsed and drained
- 1.2 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 T. honey
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl combine 1 tsp. ground coriander, 1/2 tsp. paprika, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper.
- In medium bowl toss shrimp with spice rub;set aside.
- Thinly slice cucumbers to measure 1/3 cup; set aside. Peel, seed, and cut up remaining cucumbers.
- In blender combine cup up cucumbers, chickpeas, tahini, mint, lemon juice, olive oil, honey, garlic, coriander, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Cover; blend until smooth, scraping sides as needed.
- Just before serving, with motor running, add ice cubes, a few at a time, through lid opening until smooth and thickened(blender will be full)
- Pour into bowls. Top soup with shrimp, sliced cucumber, tomatoes, and green onions