Chilli prawns with vegetables and pasta
- Servings: 1
- 250 gr Piedimonte's chilli prawns (prawns, sweet chilli sauce, garlic, salt, parsley)
- Half red pepper sliced
- 10 florets broccoli
- Roasted garlic and onion (Five Brothers) pasta sauce (tomatoes, tomato puree, onion, roasted garlic, salt, herbs, olive oil)
- 1 serve fresh/dry pasta
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Shaved parmesan
- Heat pan on moderate heat and add chilli prawns.
- Chop vegetables, add to prawns and continue to simmer.
- Bring water to boil, add a dash of olive oil and pasta.
- Cook pasta for required time - 15 minutes for the dry pasta I was using.
- Drain pasta and return to saucepan.
- Drizzle on olive oil and grind black pepper and mix.
- Turn out pasta into bowl and add prawn mix.
- Top with shaved parmesan and serve.
- Serves one for a main meal.
One of the fabulous things about living where I do in Melbourne is that my local supermarket is the renowned Piedimonte's. This means that mostly I can get anything I want to cook with and often things that I can cook but don't bother to because I can get them ready made. This meal is based on a couple of things that I can buy from Piedimonte's and have on hand for a quick meal. There are basically two prepared elements here, the pasta sauce and the chilli prawns though, of course, the pasta is also sourced from Piedimonte's. Piedimonte's sells ready prepared chilli prawns available in their fish and seafood section which I'll be using here. I am also going to use one of the Bertolli Five Brothers range of pasta sauce as a base for this dish as I find them so good. I am using the roast garlic and onion one tonight but many of the others are equally suitable and contain fresh ingredients without preservatives. Yes, I could make both of these without any problems, but when I come home late from work and want a quick meal this is always a favourite for me. It can be served with whatever fresh or dry pasta you have on hand. Tonight, the fresh pasta I had on hand (from Piedimonte's, of course) was tortellini with veal and sage, so I am serving my chilli prawns with a dry spaghetti as the fresh really was not suitable.