- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 5
- Canola oil, for frying
- 8 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 2 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar (1 1/2 for mix, 1 tablespoon for garnish)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 10 thick egg roll skins
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh preferred
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Heat 1-inch of canola oil in large saute pan, to 325 degrees F.
- In a bowl mix the cream cheese, ricotta, and 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar with a whip, until thoroughly blended.
- Beat egg and milk together. Place 1 1/2 tablespoons of cheese mix in center back of egg roll skin and place 4 to 6 raspberries in the center of cheese mixture.
- Brush egg wash around edges of skin, fold left and right sides of skin in 1/2-inch, and then roll from back to front, insuring that the roll is sealed.
- Place in oil and cook both sides until golden brown. Let drain on paper towels for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Dust with cinnamon and sugar. Serve with whipped cream and raspberries, if desired.