Chipotle Cinnamon Chocolate Cupcakes
- Servings: 18
- 1 Box of Dark Chocolate cake mix (I feel actual pain writing those words, or it's the tendonitis...)
- Whatever the box tells you you'll need. Probably eggs, water, and oil.
- 1-2 tablespoon pureed chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (base on your heat tolerance)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon, plus some extra
- powdered sugar
- Mix the cake mix as the box says. Again. Physical pain.
- Place the chipotle peppers in a food processor and puree. Add 1-2 tablespoons to the mix. Add the cinnamon.
- Scoop into cupcake papers. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool. Combine the powdered sugar and some cinnamon to taste in a bowl, then place in a small mesh duster thingy that I'm sure has a name but it escapes me right now. Dust heavily with powdered sugar. Place doily or wire rack on the cupcakes to get a pattern if desired.
I busted these out after a bad meal, which I promise I will recount later. I needed to erase the stagnant memory of the interchangeable bar, crappy music, poor service, and annoying patrons. So I checked out what I had sitting around the house. My friend Eric and my partner Rob both wanted something sweet, so of course we went the cupcake route. I didn't have any chocolate or cocoa powder so I had to resort to box mix. Dark chocolate cake mix to be exact. But if you know me, I can't just do plain chocolate. Oh no. We have to mix it up. All the ladies clap your hands, we're gonna mix it up in here. We broke out the cinnamon and a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. No boring cupcakes here. Girls, let me tell you, boredom is the mother of all invention. They say idle hands are the devil's tools. The cure for boredom is curiosity, but there is no cure for curiosity. Curiosity killed the cat. A cat's got nine lives. Man only has one, so live life like there's no tomorrow. Cause tomorrow may not come. But no worries. The sun'll come out tomorrow. So rise and shine. It's a brand new day. Many fine things can be done in a day if you don't make that day tomorrow. So spice it up! Carpe diem! Sieze the cupcake.