Chived Macaroni & Cheese
- 1 16oz package of pasta (elbows or whatever shape you like around that size)
- 1/2 C butter
- 1/4 C flour
- 2 C milk
- 1 C sour cream
- 2C shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 TBLS snipped chives
- 2 TBLS dry mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook and drain pasta according to directions on package.
- In a sauce pan, combine remaining ingredients, stir frequently until slightly
- thickened and bubbly and all cheese is melted.
- Pour pasta & sauce into casserole dish and toss to coat.
- Garnish with chives.
- Bake at 375 for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Add 1 or 2 cups of chopped ham or sausage for a heartier dish.
- Add 1 or 2 cups of your favorite veggies.
- Top with bread crumbs or crushed potato chips or crushed French fried onion rings before baking.