Chocolate & Chambord Mousse
- 6 oz dark chocolate
- 3 Tbsp Chambord (or other raspberry-flavored liqueur)
- 14 oz heavy cream
- 3 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Sweetened whipped cream, for garnish
- Fresh raspberries, for garnish
- Texas flag, for garnish (optional)
- Beat the cream until it forms soft peaks and set aside. Place chocolate and Chambord in a double boiler over a low simmer. Stir chocolate until just melted and remove from heat.
- With a mixer, whip egg to soft peaks. Gradually add the sugar and continue whipping until firm.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate all at once. When the whites are almost completely incorporated, fold in the whipped cream. Cover the mousse and refrigerate for approximately 1 hour or until set. Serve in dessert bowls topped with more whipped cream, a dusting of cocoa powder, and fresh fruit, if desired.