- Servings: 20-24
- 150 g (5.2 oz) peeled almonds
- 180 g (6.3 oz) milk chocolate
- 100 g (3.5 oz / 1/2 C) white sugar
- 10 g (1 1/2 TBspoons) cocoa
- 2 egg whites (lightly beaten)
- powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Toast the almonds for 7 minutes. Let them cool and then grind them finely in the food processor.
- Melt 90 g of chocolate in a double boiler (or in the microwave).
- In a bowl, mix together the ground almonds, the sugar and the cocoa.
- Make a well in the middle and add the melted chocolate. Start adding the egg whites, you may not need them all, add enough to form soft, bbut not sticky dough (ok, well, it is just tiny little bit sticky).
- Leave it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with baking or wax paper. Drop spoonfuls of dough on the baking sheet, flatten them a little, brush with wather and dust with powdered sugar.
- Bake at 170°C, for 10-12 minuta on the middle rack because the bottoms burn easily.
- Let them cool a little on the baking tin, then move to a cooling rack.
- Melt the rest of the chocolate (90 g) and dip half of the cookie. Let the cookies dry on a piece of baking paper.