Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Cooking Time: 30
- For Cream Cheese Filling: 1 c. cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 6 oz. chocolate chips
- For Cake: 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1/3 c. oil
- For Mousse frosting: (I usually wing it, so you may need to play with these measurements!)1 stick butter, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/2 envelope Nestle chocobake
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Filling: Blend all filling ingredients except chips until well combined. Fold in chips.
- Cake: Sift dry ingredients together, add wet ingredients and blend.
- Fill lined muffin tins halfway with batter.
- Top with a heaping Tbs. of cream cheese filling. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- With a hand mixer, blend frosting ingredients together until fluffy.
- Top each cake with a heaping tablespoon of frosting.
A recipe from Eleanor, one of my mother's oldest and dearest friends, who made these for every birthday party or holiday. She had great style and the coolest dog, a wiener dog with the unlikely name of Frida. She and these cupcakes were always my favorites. I didn't get to see her often as I grew up, but any time my mother mentioned her, it was these cupcakes that popped into my mind. That and Frida. After she passed away my mother gave me the recipe so that I can spread the chocolatey joy! I'm a big believer that people live on in our memories in all kinds of ways, and food is one of them. I love baking these for friends and remembering her.