Chocolate Cream Cheese Crescents
- 1/2 pkg (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) icing sugar
- 11/2 tsp (7 mL) coffee flavoured liqueur or cooled strong coffee
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely chopped macadamia nuts (or any chopped nuts)
- 1 can (235 g) Pillsbury* Crescents
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) oil or shortening
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine cream cheese, icing sugar, liqueur and vanilla until well blended. Stir in macadamia nuts.
- Separate dough into 8 triangles. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon cream cheese mixture onto shortest side of each triangle. Loosely roll up, starting at shortest side and rolling to opposite point. Place, point side down on greased baking sheet; curve into crescent shape.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes.
- In small saucepan, over low heat, melt semi-sweet chocolate chips with oil until smooth. Drizzle over warm rolls. Serve warm or cool. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Makes: 8 rolls
Wake up those taste buds with crescent rolls kissed with chocolate and coffee! Kitchen Tip: Can I assemble my recipe ahead of time and bake it later? Yes. All Pillsbury* refrigerated dough recipes can be prepared up to 2 hours before baking. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Remove plastic wrap before baking.