Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes
- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 25
- 12 ounces Guinness stout
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for garnish
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Guinness, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Mix in the sour cream.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cocoa, sugar, flour, and baking soda. Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet Guinness® mixture.
- Butter 24 muffin tins and divide the batter among the muffin tins.
- Bake 25 minutes until risen and set in the middle but still soft and tender. Cool before turning out of the tins.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator after use.
- Top each cupcake with a heap of frosting and dust with cocoa.