Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
- Cooking Time: 35-45 minutes for cake
- Servings: average of 9
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes if organized
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 jar of Nutella
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 box of milk chocolate mousse mix
- Hazelnut flavored syrup ( I use Torrani brand)
- Confectionary sugar
- Mix cake according to directions
- Mix in small amount of Hazelnut syrup and pour in to greased and floured pan
- Bake until cake is fully cooked, then let cool
- When cake is cool cut into layers (I usually do three) and level top of cake
- Use mousse mix and follow directions. You can make your own, I like the boxed one. Do not use heavy or whipping cream, mousse will be too thick. When done mixing refrigerate until needed.
- Whip the butter with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add in Nutella (I don't measure but I tend to use the entire small jar) and continue whipping
- Add in confectionary sugar until frosting is thick and spreadable.
- Place the first layer on the cake stand (or plate) and spread a thin layer of the frosting. Add a thicker layer of mousse and cover with the next layer of cake. Repeat previous step and again cover with cake top. Finish frosting the cake with the rest of the frosting then refriderate. Cake has milk products so it must be refrigerated. Since butter was whipper first the frosting will soften fast when serving.