- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 18 jumbo cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 4 TB espresso powder
- 1 TB baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar (light or dark...doesn't matter)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350' F Grease 2 cookie sheets or cover with parchment paper
- In a large bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a another large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix together. Gradually add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts (if using).
- If you have an ice cream scoop....this is the perfect time to use it. Fill a cup with some warm water...dip the scoop in the cup and scoop out a blog of cookie dough (about 2 tablespoons worth is what we're going for) and drop unto the cookie sheet. Press each dough wad down with your fingertips....gently, to sorta flatten them out a little.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. You don't want to over bake them. If they're a bit soft when they first come out of the oven....that's normal.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes on the cookie sheet. Remove and allow the cookies to continue to cool on a wire rack.