Chocolate Mascarpone Brownies
- Servings: 16
- 1 cup unsalted butter (plus more for preparing pan)
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter an 8-inch square glass baking pan and set aside.
- Place the butter and chocolate in heat-proof bowl and set over a pot of simmering water. Stirring constantly, melt butter and chocolate. Set aside and let cool.
- Sift sugar and cocoa powder. Add to the butter/chocolate mixture. Beat in (by hand) the mascarpone, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth. Fold in flour and salt.
- Pour batter into pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on cooling rack.
- Place chopped chocolate in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter and cream over medium heat, stirring constantly. When mixture is almost boiling, pour over the chocolate. Let stand for 30 seconds. Then, stir until smooth.
- Pour ganache over cooled brownies and spread evenly.
- Allow ganache to firm before cutting brownies. Brownies may be placed in refrigerator to expedite this.
- Yields 16 brownies.