Chocolate Mint Cookies
- * 1 cup unsalted butter
- * 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- * 2 eggs
- * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- * 2 cups all-purpose flour
- * 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- * 1 cup chopped pecans
- * 2 cups mint chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and mix to incorporate. Add the vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- In a 1 gallon plastic food bag, place the all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. Seal the bag and massage the ingredients to combine. The mixture will appear homogenous with no separate ingredients showing.
- Add the flour and cocoa mix to the creamed butter and sugar. Mix together until the dough appears completely combined - about 3 minutes. Add all the pecans and mint chips and stir them into the dough. Drop by two teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Or roll into balls, place about two inches apart on the sheet, and flatten slightly with your fingers.
- Bake for 11 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). The cookies will appear to be just barely firm with a sheen to their surfaces. Allow to cool on the sheet for about one minute before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.