- Servings: 8-10
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 oz semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350'F
- Prepare your parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Beat the egg whites until shiny peaks form. Beat in the sugar a spoonful at a time until the "meringue" is stuff and shinny.
- Sift the cocoa powder onto your meringue (you really don't want lumps), add the vinegar and the chopped chocolate. Gently fold it all together until the cocoa powder is thoroughly mixed in.
- Scoop it all out onto your parchment paper lined baking sheet to make 9" circle. Smooth the top and the edges.
- Place into your preheated oven and immediately turn the temperature down to 300'F. Bake for about an hour or up to 1 hr. 15 mins. The edges will look crispy and the top will look dry. Turn the heat off, leaving the "meringue" inside....keep the oven door cracked open and allow to cool completely.
- Just before serving, top with 2 1/2 cups of whipped cream and your choice of fresh berries