Chocolate Peanut Butter Coated Apples
- Servings: 12
- 12 wooden ice cream sticks
- 12 medium apples, stems removed
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- Optional for decorating apples:
- chopped peanut butter chips
- chopped or mini chocolate chips
- chopped vanilla chips
- flaked coconut
- colored spinkles
- chopped nuts
- Insert wooden stick into each washed and dried apple. Cover a baking sheet or tray with waxed paper.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, stir together peanut butter chips and oil. Microwave on high 1-1/2 minutes or until chips are softened. Stir until melted.
- Stir together confectioners' sugar and cocoa; gradually add to melted chip mixture, stirring until smooth. Microwave on high 1 minute or until very warm.
- Dip apples into mixture, twirling to remove excess coating. (If coating becomes too thick, return to microwave for a few seconds). Roll coated apple in chopped chips or coconut if desired, or sprinkle toppings onto apples. Allow to cool on prepared baking sheet or tray.