- 16 large strawberries, with hulls and stems attached
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- Wash the berries and dry thoroughly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and place it over barely simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Holding by stem dipped the berry in to the melted chocolate, cover the berry about half way up. place on baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the berries, in a single layer, to a covered container and refrigerate until serving.
- Advance Preparation
- The strawberries can be dipped with chocolate early the day they are to be served; cover and refrigerate.