- Servings: 68 truffles
- 12 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbs softened butter
- 1/4 cup Amaretto
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened chocolate
- In a food processor, pule chocolate until finely ground. In a small saucepan, heat cream to boiling over high heat. With the processor running, add cream, butter, and Amaretto to chocolate. Process until smooth. Line an 8-inch-by-8-inch baking pan with plastic wrap. Pour in chocolate and spread evenly. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Place nuts and cocoa on separate sheets of waxed paper. Invert cold chocolate block onto a cutting board. Peel off plastic. Cut blocks into eight strips and each strip into eight squares. Roll half the squares in nuts and the remaining squares in cocoa. Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.