Chocolate cinnamon chip cookies
- 1 c sugar
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 3/4 c butter
- 1/2 c shortening (I used butter flavored)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 c flour (I used all purpose unbleached; bleached would work fine)
- 1/2 c baking cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 bag Hershey Cinnamon chips* (approx 1 2/3 c)
- Oven @ 350 degrees.
- Beat sugars, butter, shortening, vanilla & eggs.
- Mix flour, cocoa, baking soda & salt separately until somewhat combined. Add to wet mixture.
- Stir in chips. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool.
- You could probably substitute a lot of the Hershey chips in this recipe. They have a raspberry that's nice I made the recipe on the bag of those a couple years ago (mixed up w/ some other kinds of chips). Also white chocolate, mint, toffee, peanut butter and toffee. We also have a bag of chocolate chips filled with caramel. Mmm. Dunno what that's for yet.
So I'm at the grocery store & I see Hershey Cinnamon Chips. It's like a skein of luscious yarn. I don't know what I'll make w/ it but I must have it. So I've been thinking, "What if I made like chocolate chip cookies but put the chocolate in the cookie and the chips were cinnamon?" So I mucked about, worked something up and voila. My babysitter's brother declared, "I could eat ALL of these!" I told him I'd make him some for Christmas. The cinnamon flavor is very mild, a nice compliment w/ the chocolate.