Cincinnati Bengals Bacon & Mac Grilled Cheese
- Servings: 4
- 2 cups of your favorite mac & cheese, prepared
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and drained
- 4 slices american cheese
- 8 slices of your favorite bread
- butter or margarine
- In a skillet, fry bacon and then drain on paper towels. Break into bite size pieces.
- In a pot, prepare you favorite mac & cheese.
- When mac & cheese and bacon are finished cooking, combine and mix well in pot. When you are finished mixing them together spread the mixture onto a cookie sheet to cool completely. This helps the mixture to thicken up and it will hold together on the sandwich.
- Spray a griddle and bring to medium heat.
- Butter 1 side of each piece of bread as you would for any grilled cheese sandwich. Lay 4 pieces of bread, buttered side down on griddle, add 1 cheese slice to each piece of bread followed by the bacon/mac mixture making sure to divide the 2 cups equally between the 4 sandwiches. Top with remaining slices of bread, buttered side up.
- Fry sandwiches 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- More Bacon Recipes you may enjoy!
Are you ready for some football? Well, Well, the newest craze in sandwiches are being sold at the Cincinnati Bengals home stadium! My hubby & son went to the pre-season opener on August 10th against the New York Jets and the Bengals won and they got to see Tim Tebow of the Jets play too! One of the highlights of their night was seeing the Bacon & Mac Grilled Cheese being served! My hubby described it as "what a sandwich" which they didn't try! One, they ate dinner before they left and two, it was very pricey! My hubby really wanted me to create the sandwich at home! He told me everything that was on it and I went searching on the internet for idea's! I found a few bloggers who have made it and read their reviews and came up with an idea for the way I would make mine! It's a great sandwich and you will be splurging on your calories for the day but it's worth every calorie! Nice and cheesy with the crunch of bacon, Yummy!