Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Servings: 3 Pancakes
- 1 tablespoon lowfat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon or orange zest
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- For topping
- Mix sour cream, zest and sugar in a bowl until smooth; refrigerate.
- For pancakes
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- Make a well in the center of flour mixture.
- Place egg white, honey, chocolate chips and milk in well.
- Stir liquid with a wooden spoon until flour is just combined.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto griddle and cook until bubbles appear on surface and undersides are golden brown, about 1 minute. Flip and cook other side, about 1 minute more.
- Top with a spoonful of sour cream mixture and berries.