Cinnamon Roll Style Bread Pudding
- Cooking Time: 50-60 mins
- Servings: 12
- 10 oz of large dice Pandoro (about 7 cups)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Amaretto or any nut flavored liqueur
- 1/2 cup sugar plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cinnamon Roll Glaze (recipe to follow if you don't have one)
- Preheat your oven to 350' F.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon over the diced bread and arrange in a 2 quart casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the milk, cream, Amaretto, 1/2 cup, vanilla extract and salt. Mix until combined.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over the bread. Let everything soak together for at least 15 minutes.
- Bring about 8 cups of water to a simmer.
- Top the bread pudding mixture with pecans and sprinkle with about a tablespoon of sugar. Place the dish into a larger roasting pan and add enough hot water to reach about halfway up the side of the baking dish, creating a water bath.
- Place both dishes in the oven and bake for 50 - 60 minutes, or until custard has set and the top is browned. Remove from water bath and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- To make a simple glaze, combine 4 TB butter, 2 cups of powdered sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla. Beat until combined. Add 3 - 6 TB of hot water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency. Drizzle over the top, reserving some for individual servings as desired.