- Servings: 16
- 1-1/3 cup granulated sugar - divided
- 2 tsp ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder (yes-- tablespoon)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Mix 1/3 c. sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining sugar. Combine egg, milk, and oil; add to flour mixture.
- Stir by hand just until moistened.
- Pour half the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with half the cinnamon mixture. Repeat with remaining batter and cinnamon mixture. Draw a knife through batter quite a dew times to marble well.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool. Wrap and store bread overnight before slicing.
- NOTE*** I like to mix cinnamon and sugar and dust the pan before baking, yum!