- Cooking Time: 225
- 1 10 lb picnic ham (not precooked)
- 2 2 liter bottles of Coke (lots of times I use the store brand. Don't use Pepsi, it dosn't taste right.
- 2 large onions cut in half (no need to peel)
- 6 whole cloves
- 2-3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoon Dry mustard (Colemans is the best if you have it)
- 2 tablespoons Demerara suger (you can get this at Wal-Mart)
- or light brown sugar (the Demerara is the best)
- Place ham in a stockpot and pour both bottles of Coke over.
- Add onions and cloves.
- Bring to a boil and then turn down to a low simmer and cook for about 3 1/2 hours covered.
- Heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Remove ham from cooking liquid and place in a roasting pan fat side up.
- Using a knife, trim off the skin and some of the fat.
- Leave a thin layer of fat on the ham.
- Pour the molasses over the ham.
- Mix the suger and mustard togather.
- Pat onto molasses.
- Place in the oven for 10-15 min, or until the sugar has melted and is browm and bubbly.