- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 110g (4oz) butter, softened
- 110g (4oz) unrefined caster sugar
- 110g (4oz) plain flour
- 1 level teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 level teaspoons of cream of tartar
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons slightly warm water
- 50g (2oz) desiccated coconut
- Prepare the oven by preheating to 160 degrees Celsius.
- You will need a 12 cup muffin tin lined with paper muffin cases.
- Mix yeast with the flour.
- In a bowl, mix the mix the sugar and flour into a sticky and liquid mixture. Carefully drizzle down the mix of yeast and flour. Then add the eggs and the remaining flour. Whisk while slowly pour lukewarm water. Finally add coconut. Keep whisking until the mixture is consistent and. Be mindful of the mixture stuck to the sides of the machine. Scrape it off the walls ever now and then.
- Take 12 paper cases and pour mixture into them using a small sized spoon.
- Places the cases inside the tray for a quarter of an hour to 20 minute. If they have risen to a golden shine earlier, then take them out and let cool off on a wire rack.
- Putting the cakes together
- Once the cakes are cool slice the tops off and put to one side: a grapefruit knife is ideal for this – there’s no need to excavate too deeply. Create a hole for the jam to fit inside. Keep a lid steady on top of the cake. Sieve some icing sugar over the top as the finishing touch a little bit before you’re ready to get the munching started.