Coconut Pecan Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temp
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, at room temp
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened grated coconut, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Place the cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until combined, 30 seconds.
- Stop the machine.
- Add the confectioners sugar, a bit at a time, blending with the mixer on low speed until the sugar is well incorporated, 1 minute.
- Add the vanilla, then increase the mixer speed to medium, and blend the frosting until fluffy, 1 minute more.
- Fold in the coconut and pecans.