Coconut Pineapple Muffins
- Servings: 12
- 1 3/4 cups unsifted flour
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) can juice-pack crushed
- pineapple, drained, reserving 3
- tablespoons juice
- 1/2 cup Coco Lopez® Cream of
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine flour, coconut,
- granulated sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Combine pineapple, cream of coconut, eggs and
- margarine; add to flour mixture, stirring only
- until moistened. Fill paper-lined or greased
- muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake 20 or 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine reserved 3 tablespoons
- pineapple juice and confectioners' sugar; brush
- or spoon on hot muffins. Cool 5 minutes; remove
- from pan. Serve warm.