Coffee Pot Roast - This is a great use for the end of a bag of coffee beans!
- Cooking Time: 45 min
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- The Rub
- 1/3 cup 60 grams ground coffee
- 1/3 cup 60 grams brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. 20 grams kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. 20 grams black pepper
- 1 tbsp. 20 grams fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp. 12 grams fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 cup 60 mL olive oil
- Balsamic Reduction Glaze
- 1/2 cup 120 mL Stout or porter beer
- 1/2 cup 120 mL balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. 11 grams brown sugar
- Mix all together and cook in an open saucepan on low heat until reduced by half (usually about 30 minutes).
- Combine coffee, brown sugar, salt, pepper, rosemary, and fennel seeds in a small bowl. Brush olive oil on all sides of the roast before robbing with the spice mixture.
- Now cook about 45 minutes total by searing each side face down in a cast iron frying pan with either a little coconut oil or bacon grease. You could also grill it or bake at 350 degrees. Cook to desired rarity.
- Please try with the balsamic reduction glaze.