Coffee-Toffee Cake with Caramel Frosting
- Cooking Time: 2 hr.
- Servings: 15
- Preparation Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules or crystals
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 container (1 lb) Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
- 3 bars (1.4 oz each) chocolate-covered English toffee candy, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray. In small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in boiling water.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, 1 cup water, the oil, eggs and coffee mixture with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally (batter will be lumpy). Pour into pan.
- Bake as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In medium bowl, mix frosting and caramel topping. Frost cake with frosting mixture. Sprinkle with toffee candy. Store loosely covered at room temperature.