- Servings: 12
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 quarts milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place the eggs and sugar into a pan, and whisk until light colored and frothy.
- Whisk in 2 cups of milk until thoroughly blended. Place the pan over medium heat, continuing to stir until the mixture thickens, and coats the back of a wooden spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and allow to stand 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining 6 cups of milk, vanilla extract, and nutmeg.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours to cool thoroughly before serving.
- Serves 12
This is a rich and creamy egg nog that is an alternative to traditional egg nog because the eggs are cooked. When served chilled and topped with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of nutmeg and cinnamon, it is a sure bet that it will be a hit at your next Christmas party. Makes 1 punch bow full.