Corn Fritters and Sausage
- 1 lb sausage
- Corn Fritters:
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 T. cooking oil or melted butter
- 1 c. buttermilk (regular milk works fine)
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1 can niblets corn (or just a can of whole kernel corn, drained well)
- Fry 1 lb sausage until done; set aside to drain.
- Mix all of corn fritter ingredients except corn in large bowl.
- Fold in corn.
- Heat large cast iron skillet (preferably) with bacon grease (maybe 2 T. to start with) or cooking oil (its better with bacon grease LOL). Test to make sure grease is hot with a drop of water.
- If it dances across the skillet, its hot enough. Cook pancakes about 3 at a time. Makes about 10. Serve with butter, maple syrup, and sausage