- Cooking Time: 8-10
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 3/4 cups Bisquick or other biscuit mix
- 1/2cup cornmeal
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Pinch salt
- Pinch cayenne
- 3 tbsp softened butter, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp drained finely chopped pickled jalapeño peppers (optional)
- 2/3 cup 1% milk
- Preheat oven to 450F. In a medium bowl, whisk together mix, cornmeal, sugar, salt and cayenne. Stir in butter, jalapeños and milk just until a soft dough forms.
- Drop 12 even-sized spoonfuls of batter about 1 inch apart onto an ungreased baking sheet; flatten slightly. Bake on middle rack of oven 8 to 10 minutes, until golden brown around edges. Let cool 5 minutes. Serve warm.