Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Cooking Time: 15
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms
- 7 ounces crabmeat
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground savory
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper minced ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 heaping tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons grated
- Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, combine crabmeat, green onion, red pepper, herbs, and pepper.
- Mix in mayonnaise and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese until well combined.
- Refrigerate filling until ready for use.
- Wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp towel.
- Remove stems. Spoon out the gills and the base of the stem, making deep cups.
- Discard gills and stems.
- Fill the mushroom caps with rounded teaspoonfuls of filling, and place them in an ungreased shallow baking dish.
- Brush tops with melted butter and then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and serve immediately