- 1/2 Cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 Cup Walnuts, finely chopped (I use a food processor for this) these should be a little more course than the graham cracker crumbs.
- 2 TBsp Sugar
- 4 TBsp melted butter
- 12 oz dried cranberries
- Cranberry Liqueur
- 2 pounds cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 TBsp Flour
- Zest of one lemon
- I like to line the bottom of a 10 inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- Makes it much easier to slice and remove the cheesecake from the bottom of the pan.
- For Crust:
- Mix the first 3 ingredients so they are well blended.
- Add the butter and mix with a fork until everything is consistently moist.
- Pour into the springform pan, pressing it down with your hands to compact it with a little up the sides.
- Less messy if you wear some type of plastic gloves.
- Bake at 325 for 8 minutes
- For Filling:
- Soak the cranberries in the cranberry liqueur, covering them with the liqueur, for an hour or so before making the cheesecake.
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese on low speed until smooth.
- I tried this by hand once... bad idea... Add the sugar and beat until incorporated.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Add another egg after the previous one is incorporated completely.
- Add the heavy cream and mix completely.
- Add the flour and mix completely.
- Add the lemon zest and mix completely.
- Scrape the bowl sides if necessary and mix until that is incorporated and smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer.
- Drain the cranberries and pour them into the cheesecake batter.
- Fold them in thoroughly.
- Pour the mix into the cheesecake pan and place in the oven for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Reduce the temperature to 250 and bake for an additional 55 minutes.
- It's important that you do not open the oven during the baking cycle until the end.
- Turn off the oven and allow cooling in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and allow cooling for an additional hour on the counter.
- Refrigerate over night.
I was in Starbuck's recently and the Barista commented that she had never seen a Cranberry Cheesecake and wondered why. That got me thinking and I decided to give it a go. This is what came of that. It came out great, with lots of cranberry flavor and a very nice walnut crust. I hope you all enjoy it!