Cranberry Pineapple Relish
- 1 (3 ounce) box cherry jello
- 1 cup water
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, in its own juice, drained, SAVING the juice
- 2 (14 ounce) cans whole cranberries sauce
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a pot, boil 1 cup of water and add jello mix, stirring until all powder is dissolved.
- Drain the pineapple over a bowl or measuring cup, saving the juice. Add the juice to the jello and mix well.
- In a glass dish, pour jello, cranberries, pineapple, sugar and lemon juice. If you are using nuts, add them as well. Mix well.
- Refrigerate overnight.
Oh No, this girl doesn't like cranberry! :) Well, up until now I just couldn't stand cranberry but I had it only from a can, the whole wiggly stuff that you slice! That has changed and I thank Kroger, our local grocery store for changing that! A few Saturday's ago, Kroger had a ton of samples they were handing out that were targeting Thanksgiving and one of their samples was Cranberry Celebration, and I thought what the heck, I am going to sample it because I could see the whole cranberries in it and they reminded me of a cherry and I love cherries! Oh Yes, this girl loves whole cranberries and I bought 3 tubs of it, 2 for my house and 1 for my parents! Well, we all gobbled it down and I was back at Kroger to buy more! I decided to Google cranberry and found lots of recipes for it but the recipe I found that looked like what I was looking for had cloves in it and I don't like cloves one bit so I made it my way with idea's from the internet and I am so glad that I tried making my own because I was going to put Cranberry Celebration from Kroger out of business! Comparing what I made to what I bought, I think what I bought was a tad sweeter than what I made so I added a tad more sugar to the recipe for the next time and trust me, there will be a next time very, very soon! My new favorite side dish and easy, easy, easy to make!