Cranberry Walnut White Fudge
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 25 min. + cooling
- * 1 teaspoon plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- * 2 cups sugar
- * 3/4 cup sour cream
- * 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- * 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- * 3 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- * 1 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and butter the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, bring the sugar, sour cream and remaining butter to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage), about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the chips, marshmallow creme and vanilla until smooth. Fold in walnuts and cranberries. Pour into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature until cool.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 pounds.