Cream Cheese Dainties
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup preserves, any flavor
- nuts of choice, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mix well first 4 ingredients.
- Divide dough in half and chill 1 hour.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out 1/8 inch thick.
- Use a 2 inch diameter round cookie cutter to cut 3 dozen bases.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Put 1/4 teaspoon preserves in center of each base and sprinkle with nuts.
- Use a 1 inch diameter round cookie cutter to cut out tops from remaining dough, rerolling scraps as necessary.
- Place a 1 inch top over the preserves on each 2 inch base.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Store in sealed container.
- Makes:36 cookies