Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Cooking Time: 60-75
- Servings: 2 loaves
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups of sifted flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Spray two 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch loaf pans with Pam for baking spray (or grease and lightly flour them).
- Using your electric mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese together until creamy.
- Gradually add the sugar with the mixer still running, and continue to beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the salt and vanilla.
- Add the eggs to the mix, one at a time.
- Beat well after each addition.
- Stop the electric mixer and sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl. With a rubber spatula, fold the flour into the mix, until no traces of flour are seen and the batter is smooth.
- Divide the batter between the loaf pans.
- Tap the pans and let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Bake until the tops are golden and become slightly cracked; and when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs, about 60-75 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let the pans cool for 15 minutes.
- Turn the cakes out of the pans and let cool completely before serving.