Cream Cheese Raisin Pecan Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 ½ cups cake flour (reserve Ã‚Â½ cup, use remaining 2 cups in the cake batter)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp butter flavoring
- Pinch of rum flavoring (use the small measuring spoons)
- Pinch of DaVinci hazelnut syrup (use the small measuring spoons)
- ¾ cup golden raisins
- ¾ cup raisins
- ¾ cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Put the raisins into a 4 cup measuring cup. Add enough water to come about 1-2 inches over the top of the raisins. Bring to a boil in the microwave and cook until they swell up. Drain. Cool. I dumped mine on paper towels to get off the excess moisture. Put into a bowl. I waited until I had finished with my flour bowl and just used it. Add the pecans. Add the Ã‚Â½ cup flour and toss until the flour coats the raisins. Set aside
- Put all of the flavorings into a small dish and stir.
- Generously grease a Bundt pan with Crisco. Dust well with granulated sugar.
- Sift flour. Measure flour. Pour two cups of the flour back into the sifter along with the baking powder and salt. Sift. Reserve the remaining Ã‚Â½ cup flour for later.
- Beat butter and cream cheese until blended, about 1 minute on medium high speed. Gradually add sugar, and beat about 2 minutes until mixture is light and fluffy. Scrape sides of the bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on medium speed just until incorporated. Using the low speed on your mixer, gradually add the flavorings. Using the low speed on your mixer, stir in the flour in two additions. Only beat until flour is incorporated into the batter.
- Fold in the raisins and pecans.
- Pour batter into the prepared Bundt pan. Gently smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a cake tester inserted off-center comes out clean. Edges should be golden brown, top lightly browned and just firm to the touch, but not yet pulling from the sides of the pan. Let stand for 5 minutes. Dump cake onto a cooling rack and cool completely.