Creamy Chicken, Lime And White Bean Chili
- Cooking Time: 30 to 40
- Preparation Time: 30 to 35
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups chopped onion
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup dry white wine (I used Folie a Deux Chardonnay)
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 cups chicken stock (I used homemade)
- 1 10 ¾ ounce cream of celery soup
- 1 ½ cups chicken, chopped
- 1 – 4 ounce can green chilies
- 1 – 15 1/2 ounce cannelloni white kidney beans with juice
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- dollop of sour cream (optional)
- spring onions for garnish
- tortilla chips
- Heat oil over medium heat in a Dutch oven.
- Add next 4 ingredients. Stir for about 30 seconds to release the fragrant oils.
- Keep stirring and be careful not to let them burn.
- Toss in onion and sauté until tender and caramelized.
- Pour in wine and deglaze pan for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add lime juice.
- Then chicken stock. If you’re using fresh and it’s been refrigerated or frozen it can take a few minutes to dissolve. If you’re using canned, just stir to heat through.
- Add celery soup. Bring to a boil and whisk to dissolve.
- Turn down to medium.
- Add chicken, chilies, and beans.
- Cook for about 20 minutes to heat and meld all of the flavors together.
- Pour in the cream and continue cooking for about another 10 to 15 minutes to thicken.
- Serve with sour cream, a bit of onions, and crumbled tortilla chips.
This is a cross between chicken tortilla soup and white bean chili and dished up in clay bowls that my dad used to serve up roasted oysters from the grill in :) The white beans give your palate a sense of chili, while the spices and crushed tortilla chips offer a sense of chicken tortilla soup. Check out my blog to see what other ingredient makes this chili unique!