Creamy Chicken and Tarragon Pie
- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 30
- cooking oil spray
- 1 red onion, halved, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 200g reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup skim milk
- 500g skinless chicken breast fillets (about 3), cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- large green salad, to serve
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a frying pan with oil and cook onion over medium heat until soft. Reduce heat. Add mustard, sour cream and milk and simmer for 2 minutes. Do not let mixture boil. Add chicken and tarragon. Simmer a further 5 minutes, until cooked through.
- Step 2 Pour mixture into a casserole dish. Carefully scrunch filo pastry into fist-sized balls and place on top of mixture until completely covered.
- Step 3 Bake for 10–15 minutes, until top of filo is golden brown.
- Step 4 Serve with a green salad.