Creamy Italian Sausage Kale Soup
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup crumbled bacon, cooked
- 3 (3.5 ounce) links spicy or mild italian sausage
- 3 large potatoes, sliced medium thicknss
- 1 bunch fresh kale, washed and chopped
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- ground black pepper to taste
- Remove skin from sausage and crumble into pan.
- Add chopped onion & garlic, and cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Place meat in a large pot; add bacon, stock and potatoes. Boil until potatoes are cooked through.
- Add kale; continue boiling until kale is lightly cooked.
- Remove soup from heat; stir in evaporated milk.
- ** Serve with hot crusty bread and top it off with some shredded parmesan cheese!