Crepes Alla Quiche?
- 1 recipe basic Savory Crepes without buckwheat (12-15 crepes, this allows for accidental tearing)
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup Half and half
- 20 oz Broccoli, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar; Divided
- 1 tsp Fine ground Green pepper
- 1 bunch of Scallions, Sliced thin (White and light green parts only)
- 6 TB Mayonnaise (I used my own, made with Key Lime juice instead of Lemon Juice)
- 1/3 Blood Orange Juice
- Make the crepes and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs to break up the yolks.
- Add Mayonnaise, Milk and 1/2 & 1/2; Whisk to combine.
- Add Green Pepper, Salt, Broccoli, and 2 cups of the Cheddar Cheese.
- Mix well.
- Arrange crepes in muffin tin, folding as needed, this is a little difficult as the crepes seldom wish to cooperate.
- Ladle mixture into crepe lined muffin tins.
- Sprinkle a little of the remaining cheddar on top of the custard mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cover the crepes with aluminum foil to prevent over browning of the delicate edges and bake another 15 minutes.
I am not really sure if these qualify as quiche filled crepes, or crepe crusted quiche. Either way, they are delicious for breakfast as well lunch, served on a bed of Frisee or even for dinner with pesto'ed mashed potatoes. You will need BIG muffin tins... Sometimes referred to as Texas sized muffin tins. This makes about 11 quiche/crepes. I made a batch and a half to take to work on Friday morning. I took a picture of Round 1, I still had another pan in the oven.