Crescent Caramel Swirl
- Servings: 12
- 1/2 Cup Butter, No Substitutes
- 1/2 Cup Nuts, chopped
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 1 TB Water
- 2 (8 oz.) cans Crescent Rolls
- Heat oven to 350º.
- Melt butter in small saucepan.
- Coat bottom & sides of 12 c. Bundt pan with 2 TB melted butter.
- Sprinkle pan with 3 Tb. nuts.
- Add remnaining nuts, brown sugar and water to remaining melted butter.
- Bring to a boil, strrring constantly.
- Remove dough from can; but do not unroll.
- Cut each roll into 4 slices.
- Arrange 8 slices, cut side down, in nut-lined pan.
- Separate layers of each pinwheel slightly.
- Spoon 1/2 of brown sugar misture over dough. Place remaining slices alternately over bottom layer.
- Spoon remaining brown sugar mixture over these slices.
- Bake at 350º for 23 -33 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Cool 3 minutes invert onto serving platter or waxed paper.
I guess this one qualifies more as a breakfast recipe than anything else! I often serve it as a type of coffee cake more than anything else. I have my dad to thank for this one. I've no idea where he came up with it. But it's so simple and quick to throw together!! And yet it looks really impressive and people would never guess it's so easy!! Even your kids can make this one with a bit of supervision, and they'll be so proud of their results!! I actually think this may be one of the first things dad taught us to bake. He started teaching us how to cook and bake when we were 5 years old!! I won't tell you how many years ago that was!!LOL