Crescent Roll Apple Dumplings - Weight Watcher Style
- Cooking Time: 30-40
- Servings: 32 dumplings/2 points ea
- Preparation Time: 30
- POINTS® Value: 2/4
- Servings: 32/16
- 4 large tart apple(s), Granny Smith
- 1/2 cup whipped salted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar
- 6 fl oz Fresca
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
- 16 Pillsbury Reduced-Fat Crescent(s), cut in half for 32 or left whole for 16
- Preheat oven to 350. Peel and core apples, for 32 dumplings: cut each apple into 8 slices, for 16 dumplings: cut each apple into quarters. For 32 dumplings: cut each crecsent triangle in half and flatten slightly, for 16 dumplings: flatten each triangle slightly.
- Wrap the apple slices in the dough like you would pigs in a blanket. You can completely enclose them if you want but not nessassary. Place in 13x9 baking dish (16 will fit in the dish, if doing 32 you will need to bake them in 2 batches)
- In a sauce pan melt butter, remove from heat and add sugar, stir to just slightly combine, add vanilla and just slightly combine. Pour over the dumplings. Pour your Fresca around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle the top of each dumpling with cinnamon and bake for approx 30-40 minutes, until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm but great the next day cold too!
- 32 dumplings = 2 points each, 16 dumplings = 4 points each. ENJOY!!!
One of my favorite hobbies is to lighten up recipes to fit my WW life style ... need a recipe lightened, send it my way for a tasty way to lose those extra calories and points! This week I was inundated with apples!! I happen to mention to a few people how I missed Gravenstien Apples for pies and the next day I had shopping bags full!! I wanted to make a pie but I also wanted to make something I could eat, in the right portion, because as you all know when cutting pie's or cakes, some how that piece we are so carefully cutting gets bigger then it should be. So my solution was to make Apple Dumplings